Goodfield State Bank

History

In December of 1914, W.R. Simpson, Byron Colburn, and S. E. Naffziger began what is currently Goodfield State Bank. Patrons conducted banking business in one corner of Mr. Naffziger's store until a building was completed in 1915.

Goodfield State Bank was incorporated under the banking laws of the State of Illinois in December of 1920. Opening for business on January 3, 1921, with assets of $123,000, the bank has expanded to over $85 million in assets today.

Throughout its history, Goodfield State Bank has increased it's shareholder base increasing ownership throughout the surrounding communities. The number of shareholders has grown from the original three to over 200 today. In 2003, Goodfield Financial Corporation, a bank holding company was formed and shares of Goodfield State Bank exchanged for Goodfield Financial Corporation shares. Then in 2007, the shareholder's elected to become a Subchapter S corporation

The bank facilities expanded over the years. The facility located on the corner of Harrison and Fisk Street was improved over time and the bank operated from the location until August 2001, when a new facility on the corner of U.S. Route 150 and State Route 117 was opened. In 2007, Goodfield State Bank opened its first branch in a leased space in Eureka and continues to conduct business at this location.

Locally owned and managed, Goodfield State Bank provides a full range of banking services to meet our customer's needs.